ABOUT NT DRIVING ACADEMY
WE FOCUS ON PROVIDING A FRIENDLY LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS
The NT Driving Academy is a locally owned and operated business. We started with a vision to provide a quality respectful service to learner drivers in Darwin and the surrounding areas. We are registered as a DriveSafe NT instructor.
International Driver's licence holders are welcome.
- Dual Control Cars
- Professional instruction
- Safe, Friendly learning environment
OUR INSTRUCTORS - IAN REEVES SENIOR TRAINER
Ian Reeves Senior Trainer also has a long history as a military transport trainer and supervisor. He then moved into the world of IT where he played an intricate part in setting up the IT network for Defence in the Top End. He then moved on to manage the network for the National Crime Authority before moving back to Darwin and the tropical weather. Ian once again joined Defence in the world of IT before deciding to set up his own business. As Ian has a passion for training he decided to utilise his love of the transport world and started his own driver training school in Darwin and Palmerston. Ian also owns and operates a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) RLI Training Pty Ltd trading as Logic Transport Training.
In the very first year, Ian had built his reputation for providing a professional and responsible driver training service. This has also lead him to become involved in a number of Government safe driver training initiatives for teens and young adults and has also seen him again excel in-classroom training. Ian is passionate about his belief that all drivers should have professional driver training and has become heavily involved in Darwin's diverse multicultural society and is enlisted as a driver trainer within this community.
Ian lives in Darwin with Bindy a beautiful Golden Labrador. Besides his business, Ian loves AFL (go the ROOS) and travel.
Ian's easy laid back manner and sense of humour set the scene for a very relaxed learning experience for all of his students. Ian's mission is to put as many safe responsible well-trained drivers on to the roads as possible.
Fully Qualified, Professional Trainers to help you learn the Safe Way.
- Remember the most influential training they receive comes from observing their parents "behind the wheel" skills, judgment and behaviour.
- Read through the Road Users handbook to refresh yourself on the current road rules, and in particular the "system of vehicle control". For example, GMIS (Gear, Mirrors, Indicator, Shoulder Check and Handbrake before pulling out from a kerb.
- Set up a schedule of professional driving lessons. Remember, professional instruction introduces the student to new skills. Driving between lessons allows the student to practice these new skills.
- Watch your temper. Keep yourself calm and in control. Make sure you allow plenty of time so the student can set the pace.
- Provide plenty of encouragement.
- For more information or to book a lesson please call us on 1300 938 506 or email us on email@example.com. We will ensure we answer your query or help you make a booking ASAP